Preston Superbox Pty Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Preston Superbox Pty Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24 May 2018.
Collection of information
We need to collect, retain and use information about you, including your personal information, to provide you with storage and do business with you. Generally, this information is collected directly from you but we may collect information about you that is publicly available, for example from public registers or social media, or made available by third parties. Information we collect may include:
- your name
- Driver’s licence number and details
- date of birth
- passport number
- telephone number
- email address
- physical address and;
- any other information reasonably necessary.
We may also need to collect payment information from you, including credit card or direct debit information, and we collect and retain information about your ongoing storage and payment history.
You may choose not to provide us with any of this information, but not doing so may affect our ability to provide you with storage.
Purpose of collection
We need to collect information from you for a variety of purposes including providing you with storage and doing business with you. These purposes include:
- To establish your identity and assess your application for storage
- To be able to contact you during the storage relationship
- To provide you with information about your account, including billing and provision of notices
- To provide you with information about our business and related entities, including promotions
- To be able to answer questions from you about your account and our services
- To manage our risk, including enabling us to undertake a search of the StorerCheck database, or any relevant credit history entity
- To undertake appropriate searches, including a PPSR search, in the event that your account goes into default
- To cooperate with enquiries from government and law enforcement bodies and comply with our legal obligations
- To enforce our agreement with you.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We may disclose any information we have about you including your personal information as is reasonably necessary or as is permitted by law, including but not limited to the following:
- our employees, including temp or externally contracted staff
- service providers engaged by us, such as data storage, IT, software management, insurers and financial services
- third parties engaged to perform specific functions within our business, such as auctioneers, second hand dealers, building contractors, and maintenance services
- government departments
- law enforcement agencies, including the police
- any person who can demonstrate to our satisfaction a legal or equitable interest in the goods stored
- liquidators, administrators or other persons appointed to administer your financial affairs
- debt collection services
- your Alternate Contact Person (ACP)
- StorerCheck Pty Ltd
- agents for any of the above.
We may send your information overseas. Some of our service providers or other third parties, including data storage providers, may be located, operate or hold data outside of Australia. When information is sent or disclosed outside of Australia we take reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place.
You make the following authorisation regarding your Alternate Contact Person:
As you have provided us with personal information identifying your nominated Alternate Contact Person (ACP), you must ensure that you have the right to disclose information about your ACP including their personal information. You must take reasonable steps to ensure your ACP is aware
- that you have made this disclosure
- that we may use this information as we would personal information collected about you
- that they may access and correct the information held by us in the same manner you may correct your personal information.
We may use your contact details, including email, fax and telephone numbers, to contact you for marketing purposes. You may withdraw this consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may share your information with our related entities. We will not share your contact details with third party enterprises and will never sell your personal information or contact details. If you wish to opt out of direct marketing, please contact us at email@example.com
- Storer Check Pty Ltd (‘StorerCheck’)
We subscribe to the StorerCheck system. By applying to store with us, including making a web or telephone enquiry, you agree to the following:
- We may search the StorerCheck data base for information StorerCheck may have about you
- We may communicate with other users of the StorerCheck system and discuss your information with them
- We may choose to refuse you storage, or terminate your storage agreement, if you are listed with StorerCheck
- We may release or update any details and personal information StorerCheck have about you, including but not limited to:
- your name,
- your address,
- your previous address(es),
- your email address,
- your licence number and details,
- your passport number and details,
- your date of birth,
- your storage history, including account payment history
- Your details and personal information will be released to StorerCheck in the event that you breach your storage agreement or engage in illegal or threatening behavior including but not limited to:
- Not paying for storage
- Dumping or abandoning goods
- Being chronically late with payments
- Being abusive or threatening to staff members or other storers
- Eliciting the involvement of law enforcement agencies, such as law enforcement enquiries regarding your storage activities and the execution of search warrants against you, this facility or your storage space
- Any other breach of the storage agreement
We may use the information you provide during this application, including web or telephone enquiries, or information provided at any other time to update any listing you currently have with StorerCheck. If you do not consent to these terms, you should not apply for storage with us.
By applying to store with us you consent to the terms and conditions set out in this document and on-line at www.storercheck.com, including our right to search StorerCheck for your details, and to release your information and details to StorerCheck in certain circumstances. For further information about Storer Check Pty Ltd go to www.storercheck.com
We keep your information provided to us in both hard form and electronic form. We take steps to secure this from misuse, loss, unauthorised modification, unauthorised disclosure and access. We employ physical security such as locks on filing cabinet and restricted access to hard files, and other security measures including password protected computers and internet firewalls. Only administration personnel have access to a locked file to access soft copies with permission given to Executive Management from time to time and depending on the purpose of such access. We take reasonable care when engaging third parties to provide services to us where those services may necessitate the third party handling your information, including data storage, file destruction, enforcement of the agreement in any way and debt collection.
Accuracy of information we hold about you, your right to access and your right to correct
You may view and correct your personal information by:
- giving us reasonable notice in writing that you wish to view your personal information, and
- attending at our Facility at the agreed time,
- paying reasonable costs for the provision of access, or
- write to us at Preston Superbox Pty Limited, 83-85 Parramatta Road, Underwood, QLD, 4115
If we refuse access, we will provide you with a written reason for the refusal.
To correct inaccurate information we hold about you, you may advise us in writing that your personal information is not correct and provide us with written corrections. We will endeavor to update within a reasonable time.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Your Rights – how to contact us about your privacy
If you believe we have breached the Privacy Act 1988 or Australian Privacy Principles and wish to complain, please contact us email@example.com or write to us at Preston Superbox Pty Limited, 83-85 Parramatta Road, Underwood, QLD, 4119.
Use of our website
As with most websites on the Internet, simply by visiting this website you are giving us some information, including your IP address, the website you visited prior to visiting us, the site you visit when you leave our site, the operating system on your computer, and the browser you used to access our page.
This information can be used to track your movements and pages visited on our website. Cookies can also be used to customize our content for you. If you use any typical web browser you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and restrict access to your computer in your browser settings.
We may also collect and store all the data you provide to us by entering into the forms on our website or by e-mail; but you still retain the right to choose not to provide any information.
However, if you deny providing any fundamental information that we require for access to our products and services, we retain the right to deny access to some or all of the site’s features.
Some transactions between you and the website may involve credit cards, debit cards, money orders, and/or third-party payment services. In such transactions, we collect and save information regarding our business relationship with you, including your address, telephone number, and other necessary information.
WE DO NOT COLLECT, KEEP or HAVE ACCESS TO ANY INFORMATION ON YOUR CREDIT CARD.
We will endeavor to resolve your complaint within 30 days. If you do not believe your complaint has been satisfactorily handled or resolved you can lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. For more information visit: www.oaic.gov.au